Monday 17 January 2011

The Dominance Factor

I have discovered that I am a Profile B. This means I learn best by seeing, speaking or writing. I need to explore ambiguity, emotions, movement, imagination and creativity. I am a Logic learner(left brain), which means that I like sequences, orderly and instructions. Gestalt(right brain) learners like to move around and are good at art and etc. The two sides of the brain are connected by a "highway" called corpus callosum that helps us access both sides of the brain. When we are under stress, our dominant side shuts down(For me is logic). When Logic learners are stressed, they try harder without results, comprehension, joy and understanding. They may appear tense and insensitive.

The strategies that would help me in my learning are brainstorming, trust gut instincts, write poems and songs, use metaphors in stories, talk more slowly, painting, dancing and role-play. This will help me because it is what gestalt learners do and it will help me build more corpus callosum between the logic side and the gestalt side. The more corpus callosum, they more connection I can make. I would like my teachers to know that I prefer structured learning and step-by-step information/instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment