Thursday 17 September 2009

Courage?

Back in fifth grade, I walked into the theater with my class. The theater had black walls with decorations on it, our class sat down on the red wool carpet on the ground. The assembly soon began, in elementary there is a competition called AR. AR stands for Accelerated Reader, every time you finish reading a book, you go on line and take a quiz about the book. If you get all of the question correct, you get points. The librarian stood on the stage and shouted out, "50 points, please stand up." The screen appeared and listed all the names, I stood up. "100 points, if you do not have 100 points, please sit down." I remained standing. "200." I still stood up, after a while the librarian shouted, "1,000." Only 2 people remain standing, Cindy Zuefack and me, Brandon Lien. "Please come up to the stage." Cindy and me went up and each of us got a medal that says 1000 point reader. At that time I found out that I am good at reading. Then the librarian awarded us with trophies for being the top reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment