Monday 30 November 2009

Final Literature Reflection

I liked the book a lot because the author used a lot of action and description. Like the part when Charlotte climbed the bowsprit which has a lot of description and the part when Captain Jaggery fell overboard and plunged into the ocean which has a lot of action. The book also has a hook at the end of the chapter that pulls you to the next chapter, Avi really included all the techniquesof a well written story. He also included the rising action which is the mystery getting stranger and stranger and the climax is when Mr. Hollybrass died and Charlotte was blamed for it.
My favorite part in the whole story is when Charlotte abandon her unloving family to join the crew which she felt is her family because Charlotte followed her heart and chose her own future. Charlotte abandoned her real but unloved family to the crew who treated her like family, she felt that she doesn't know her real family anymore. So that's why she ran away from home. one of our group members said that in the beginning Zachariah said that Charlotte and him have a lot in common, they both ran away from home.
I think the message of the story was to trust one another. Charlotte at first only trust the captain, but as the journey goes on she slowly trust Zachariah and the crew and Zachariah and the crew trust her back. The crew didn't help her when Charlotte was sentenced because they thought Zachariah had killed Mr. Hollybrass and they were afraid of blurting out the secret of Zachariah. Captain Jaggery lost trust in Charlotte after she whipped him with the whip, so he started to treat her badly.
I liked the Literature circle very much, because I can read great books and discuss the book with other people. My suggestions for the Assignment is that more people in the groups and more vocabulary words in the discussion sheet. My favorite thing in the discussion sheet is passages, because I can put down my thoughts. Responses to questions is also one of my favorite thing in the discussion because my responses are long.
Thunder cave is the novel I would want to read next, because one of my friends said it is really exciting. Like lions and saving some one's father sounded like it has a lot of action. There isn't a lot of long descriptions in Thunder cave like Charlotte doyle. It was my second book I chose when we could choose our own books at the beginning of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment